Friday, August 31, 2007

Office

This room had a drop ceiling as well when we bought the house. We took down the ceiling the day we closed. Luckily, the previous owners had not cut the woodwork when they installed the ceiling, as they do sometimes. We had a lot of patching that had to be done on the walls. Paul is working on getting a cable line and phone line run into this room. There is no phone line anywhere upstairs. Karen and Jeff painted this room for us. Jeff says it is just the right color for a nursery but trust me, it is an office at this time. We had a mix up about the paint color. I wanted a light color in this room because it gets very little natural light. My mom had bought a can of light yellow paint on clearance so we were going to use it in this room. Karen realized the paint was really bad when she started painting so she went out and bought the same color in a better quality. She felt bad when I told her I had not really picked out the color originally but it looks fine and it serves its purpose. This room is the tool room for the time being.

1 comment:

Ashley said...

So... this isn't about the office, but rather the dining room. The house where we are staying now has a red dining room... VERY RED. Cherry red. And it's great. Just thought I would show my support of the idea. Sandy is nice too, and compromise is the best!