Thursday, August 23, 2007



































































These are pictures of the 1st floor apartment, again from the day we closed on the house. Lots has been done since then. The first thing we did was take up the 70's brown shag carpet from the living room, dining room, and bedroom. We also had to pull up the carpet pad and all the staples. Every person who helped with that project was blowing green dust out of their noses for days. We also had to take up the ugly floor tile and backboard from the hallway. There were hundreds of nails in the floor to keep the backboard down. In the 2nd bedroom we took down the drop ceiling that had been added at some point. All of the plumbing in the bathroom has also been redone. Shortly after we bought the house, we discovered there was a "crack in the stack." This is about the time Paul starting putting "holes" in the wall. This is also the time that Paul and I had to redefine the word "holes." I informed Paul that when more than half of the wall is missing, this can no longer be called a "hole." He must warn me by saying he has taken the wall off. We added a shower attachment in the bathroom as well. When we moved into the 1st floor after the wedding, we did not have hot water for about 1 week. We had to shower at other people's houses and do our dishes in the basement. For my first married birthday, I received a hot water heater from my husband. This was quite a different gift than what I was used to receiving. I knew I was an adult now! However, there was nothing in the world that I wanted more than hot water. This is about all the work that has been done on the 1st floor at this point. We have focused our energy much more on the 2nd floor so that we can move upstairs. I will post some after pictures of the 1st floor soon....

1 comment:

Anna said...

Wow. I don't think I ever actually saw that hideous carpet. Well, I'm really glad you got rid of it.